Jan 19, 2011

Day 19: Gorging on veggies, healthy habit or transformed addiction?

There is a trend I've been noticing in my eating habits, which can be illustrated by the meals I've had over the past two days. At 3pm today, I ate my first meal, a banana. For supper, I filled myself with a banana, yam steak fries, hummus, salad, an apple, and vegetable broth. Yesterday was similar. I ate green lentil soup for breakfast and again at school for lunch. I imagine to the other students it must have appeared most unappetizing, but there was a lot of zest hiding in that greenish muck. When I came home that day, there was on the table were set a large bowl of colorful corn salad and a gigantic pot of mashed potatoes. I relished that feast and even pumped down a healthy dessert. I've been finding myself consuming small portions during the day and then enjoying piles of delicious vegetables in the evenings. I believe this is some form of my desire for evening snacking resurfacing. However, as they are all healthy foods, I don't believe this is going to be a problem. If it is a habit I will want to break, I'm going to need to do something different, because, as this case shows, old habits do not die easily. They may just take on new forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment